Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Free food on Election Day

The whole process of voting - the waiting in long lines and breaking a sweat hoping your vote will help propel your candidate to victory - can leave you hungry. So the Chick-fil-A in Creekwood, 5206 73rd Lane E., Bradenton, is giving away free chicken biscuits for breakfast and chicken sandwiches for lunch to voters on Election Day. One per customer. The only catch is that you have to wear your "I Voted" sticker.

A spokesperson for the fast-food restaurant said in a press release that the sandwich give-a-way is an effort to reward "civic-minded" customers for letting their voices be heard during this election season.

Sandwiches will be given out from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Nov. 4 at the Creekwood location only. Too bad they don't offer this during early voting, though. I voted early and received the "I Voted" sticker but I have no idea what I did with it. I hate missing out on free food.

- January Holmes

No comments: